Friday, June 12, 2009

My First Week as a College Student

My first week at UNO as a Summer Scholar has been the best experience of my life. I've meet alot of new people who share the same interests as me. Also being able to be taught by a real college professor is exciting. I'm curious for next week to come because I am ready to move into Scotts Residential Hall.
While being in the College 101 class I met a group of new students from different schools and who have also came from other countries. They have shared their experiences with us, their customs, values, and much more. All of the other students are nice and get along with each other inside and outside of class.
My professor H. Fountain is wonderful. She is interesting and has the prefect energy to teach a class. She has a sense of humor that keeps us awake in class because we're usually all tired when we come. Her work that she gives is straight-forward and is easy to complete if you're willing to do the work. She is willing to answer any questions that needs to be answered and give extra help to anything that was not understood. I would definitely recommend her to anyone.
I am very excited to stay on campus. It will be a new learning experience for me. I've always been nervous about staying away from home because of going to school, but this will give me the opportunity to see what it is really like. I'm nervous about the whole eating situation, everything is free!. I've heard of the freshman 15 and I'm not trying to gain it in one week.
I'm thankful that I was selected as a Summer Scholar because this is giving me alot of new challenges and it is making me push myself to do homework every night and prepare for what college is really like. I would tell anyone who is elgible to apply to apply because they would really enjoy their time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment